Sunday, July 15, 2007

My Brother's Keeper...




Today I was tickling Levi, and giving him what we affection-ately refer to as the "Twister Fister"... just really going after his tummy with...well obviously...a twisting fist! Anyway, Isaac (3), who was enjoying a late afternoon brownie, pushed his plate back, and as threateningly as he could (brows furrowed, eyes flashing), demanded, "Thtop that, Momma, or I'll give you the FORK POKEY!"

Now, I'd never heard of the "fork pokey" before, but partly because it sounded painful, and partly because I was laughing so hard, I did actually quit what I was doing! Well, reinforcement enough, evidently, because the "fork pokey" is the new threat of choice.

So, if anyone threatens you with a "fork pokey" this week, you'll know the origins of the strange phrase. I'm sure it'll sweep the nation soon.

2 comments:

CDJ said...

Why are we so mean? I was popping Ashli's toes one time on the couch, and as her giggles took on sounds of frustration, she went to the highest authority she could think of: "MOM! The Bible says NO Popping!"

I'm bummed we don't live closer...have I said that this week? Thanks for blogging!

anitazim said...

I'd give anything for a Twister Fister or Fork Pokey from your boys right about now! Sloan and I MISS YOU ALL!!! Hope you have a good week. Hope to see you soon!! Love you! Anita